Western Elite is seeking a Heavy Equipment Mechanic to maintain heavy machinery, diesel equipment, and other company equipment in accordance with company and DOT standards.
Essential Job Functions Include:
• Diesel engine repair and maintenance.
• Heavy machinery (loaders, scrapers, dozers, etc.) repair and maintenance.
• Air brake repair and maintenance.
• Electrical system repair and maintenance.
• Hydraulic equipment repair and maintenance.
· Maintains and repairs all aspects of company vehicles and equipment (equipment includes, but is not limited to: 637D scrapers, D9 dozers, and 836 compactors).
· Diesel engine repair and maintenance.
· Air brake repair and maintenance.
· Electrical system repair and maintenance.
· Hydraulic equipment repair and maintenance.
· Follows preventative maintenance schedules.
· Records all work completed in accordance with company and DOT standards.
· Consistent and regular attendance. Work varied shifts, and be available for overtime weekends, holidays and emergencies as required.
· Live the company Core Values.
• 18 years of age.
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English required.
• Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish preferred.
Position Specific Requirements
· 4+ years of heavy equipment machinery maintenance experience required (including CAT equipment).
· 4+ years of commercial diesel mechanic experience required.
· Must own and use own tools.
· Effective listening and communication skills with a friendly, upbeat attitude.
· Work effectively with a team and possess the ability to work independently and without direct supervision. Organized and able to multi-task. Flexible and accepts feedback.
The position is located 50 miles north of Las Vegas near Coyote Springs and offers competitive pay, paid time-off, paid holidays, and an excellent benefits package. Interested candidates should send resumes to Voy Matheson at email@example.com.